The need to reduce the noise to acceptable values is an important priority for many companies. These noise reduction actions are often concerned significant investments, and we must ensure the success of the project and minimizing their costs, and this is a major concern of those responsible. Give the importance of objective approach exists as regards the assessment of the impacts of investments to make.
However, experience has shown that, often, and especially in the case of installations of large size and/or complexity, the measurements of noise levels, just for you, do not allow to get reliable results or a clear view of the real impact of the different sound sources. In addition, not usually provide sufficient information for decision making regarding the measures to implement, are you identifying and classify sources of noise, not provide a prediction of the results expected of a particular corrective intervention. Another aspect to take into account, is the difficulty that evaluations “traditional” have to introduce easy-to-read results for non-specialists. This hinders the effective communication of the results of noise "HCI" measures to potential interested, How are the surrounding community, State bodies, local authorities, environmental organizations, etc., not boosting properly the effects of those measures on the image of the Organization.
Still it is common to occur, under pressure of circumstances, and with some ignorance of current capabilities of the acoustical engineering, the implementation of massive investments, made more or less loose, noise reduction measures. For more at least loose we refer to investments based on "ouvidómetro", almost to divination, and without a strong technical justification. Some times, almost by luck the results of these investments is good, but sometimes it isn't..
This approach is not compatible with the requirements of management today, where is norma a detailed justification for each euro invested.
In this context, to make an investment in noise reduction in an existing installation, You must ensure that:
• At the end of the implementation of noise reduction measures, one or more receivers be exposed to noise levels pre-defined, inferior to existing.
• This is achieved through the implementation of one or more measures;
• These measures comply with, diverse order constraints, the noise-emitting facilities,
• To meet the various alternatives of existing measures;
• If you know the cost of each alternative,
• Know the estimated impact of each alternative, in terms of noise at(s) recetor (ES);
• The company be in possession of a powerful tool for dialogue with the plaintiffs and with the various State entities and other relevant entities,
• There is guarantee of results;
• That the cost/benefit is the best;
This can be achieved on the basis of a numerical model, previously held, enabling tier sources depending on contributions in paragraphs receivers, as you can see below.
• Determine the impact noise in workplaces based on sophisticated calculation methods;
• Ensure that the legal limits of noise are assured still in design phase;
• Calculate the sound distribution in enclosures;
• Optimize the design of acoustic enclosures and restaurants;
• Calculate the acoustic effects of walls or acoustic panels with sound absorption vary locally;
• Determine descriptive parameters of the quality of the Interior acoustics and other psicoacusticos parameters related to musical performances and/or speech;
• Planning different acoustic settings in multi-purpose halls according to your use (concerts, conferences, etc.).